AeroMed: Your Ambulance in the Skies



Yesterday, we were given a task of transporting a patient from a hospital to the airport, and will be flown from Davao to Manila where she will be brought to a respected hospital there. I, said to myself maybe one of the respected airlines would be giving a special seat to our patient. I thought our patient was able to ambulate and thought that she will be seating on the front seats of the plane, but no, she was bedridden. How can the she be transported if she is in that state.

So there we were, rushing to the airport going straight to the cargo road(maybe she'll be tucked inside a box or something, maybe not). The plane was waiting for us, a private plane of course.

Enter the AeroMed staff, wearing black uniforms(wait doesn't that scare you of people wearing black might take you life? Grim Reaper Anomaly) Anyhow, there were three of them, a physician, a nurse and an (I don't know what's he's profession was because I didn't ask him) person.

I ask myself we really do have an air ambulance although they are manila based. A peeked inside the plane and yes, the setting was that of an ambulance. They have more stuff though than what you find in a typical Philippine ambulance.

I asked our team leader how much would it cost for this type of scenario, because he was talking to them about their work. He told me that it would cost up to almost relatively close to a half-million Pesos on just a package, not to mention that they fly 100 plus flights a month. That is a lot for a common person(lets just stick to herbal medicine). Of course the patient was rich and their family can afford the cost.

For us who doesn't seem to have that kind of amount, let's just try to be healthy although there are times where it is inevitable or unexpected things happen. Go Herbal! PM me if you want herbal books, maybe I can sell you one.

So that's how it is, if you can afford to send your patients to a top ranking hospital anywhere in the RP, maybe AeroMed can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment